Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Waiting for a new SSD

I haven’t gone in to town for morning coffee in weeks.64gb ssd

Mostly, it’s because I prefer to make mocha cappuccino here at home, saving money I would otherwise spend on gasoline and coffee.

My motivation to go to Seattle Grind for coffee and blogging was further eroded a couple of weeks ago when the 32GB solid state drive in my Dell Inspiron Mini 9 netbook crapped out.

As soon as I established it was the SSD, and not the motherboard, that failed, I ordered a heavily discounted 64GB SSD from mydigitaldiscount.com. It takes them awhile to process some orders, but I confirmed this morning that my SSD went into the U.S. Postal mail stream last night, so I should see it tomorrow or Thursday.

Once my netbook is back on its feet, I’m sure I’ll feel more inclined to get out in the mornings.

No comments: