Thursday, August 11, 2011

Revelations and observations

I realized today that the blogosphere is enormous, vast, huge, damn near infinite and it’s astonishing that anyone stumbles upon my little curio stand along the Information Highway.

I came to this realization because I was bored and started clicking that “Next Blog” link at the top of this page. It directs you to another blog, chosen at random. Sometimes the next blog doesn’t have a “Next Blog” link, so you just hit the “back” button on your browser and try again.

And the other thing I noticed is how few bloggers stay at it and post new content on a daily basis.

If you want people to read you, you have to give them a reason to believe that they’ll see something new if they come back a day or two later.

In the seven years I’ve been blogging (I started on May 10, 2004), I’ve tried to post at least once every day. The quality of the posts ranges from crap to brilliant (if I do say so myself), but at least it’s something new.

I’ve seen some really really really good blogs founder and hate it when that happens. I enjoy reading good blogs. It’s a shame when they fall silent.

So this is my effort for today. If I think of anything more, I’ll be back after dinner.

No comments: