Friday, August 12, 2011

Off to the E.R. in the middle of the night

hospital

This isn’t how I expected to spend today, but it could be worse.

I noticed an achy feeling in my left bicep last evening and, knowing that’s a possible indicator of a heart attack, we called my daughter-in-law the doctor in Las Vegas. Since I had no other symptoms, we decided to throw a couple of Naproxins at it and see what happens.

The discomfort abated, but came back strong enough to wake me about 1:30 a.m. I lay there in the dark for an hour or so trying to wish it away, but finally decided better safe than sorry and woke Maria to have her take me to the St. Bernards Medical Center Emergency Room in Jonesboro.

One chest X-ray, two EKGs and three blood tests later they concluded that I had not had a heart attack, but my doctor strongly recommended that I hang around for the day to take a stress test. I was given a room, but I can’t eat or drink anything until after the test. The worst thing about it is having to wear one of those humiliating backless hospital gowns.

+++++++++++++++

I’m back from my stress test treadmill workout at about 11 a.m. Now the waiting game resumes.

2 comments:

Joan of Argghh! said...

Sheesh! Glad to see you're gonna hang around a while longer!

The Oracle said...

Thanks. Me too.