Thursday, August 25, 2011

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

UPS is pissing me off today.

Their online package tracking site said my FirstGear Kathmandu riding pants would arrive “By end of day” yesterday.

I waited around all day. We watched an old Humphrey Bogart film noir movie after dinner and finally, at 9 p.m., I went online to see what was happening.

For whatever reason, my package rode around all day in a big brown truck, but never got to my door. The message on the UPS web site indicated I should pick it up at their facilities in Jonesboro.

So I looked up the address of the UPS Customer Center, noted that they open at 8 a.m. on weekdays, and resolved to be on their doorstep when they opened this morning.

I went online again this morning to print out a copy of the tracking info, including the tracking number, and discovered that they have apparently put it back onto a truck and will drive it around all day today before bringing it to me. And once again, the package is listed as scheduled for delivery “By end of day.” That has been known to be way past sundown on some occasions.

I had plans for today that involve those pants and it’s annoying as hell to sit here at 11 a.m. with no idea how soon I can get the package and move on with my day.

No comments: