Tuesday, August 16, 2011

New content

It was only last Thursday that I went on about how important it is to put up new content every day if you want people to read your blog regularly.

Then I take Monday off.

Sorry, I was engaged with financial stuff I don’t care to discuss here and it pretty much took up all of my thought process.

It’s still in the front of my mind this morning, but I refuse to neglect the blog for two days in a row.

I think it’s time to up the ante on my trailcam bait. The neighborhood deer have made it clear that they’re not interested in the salt block I set out for them last month, so it’s time to try something else.

I was thinking about getting some corn to scatter around the salt block, but some quick research suggests that deer prefer acorns over corn and soybeans. We have several oak trees in our 1.23 acre yard, so maybe I should collect a bunch of acorns that now litter the ground and make a nice little pile of them next to the salt block.

That would be a nice project for one of these cool mornings.

And I see that deer love peanut butter. Perhaps a dab of peanut butter on the salt block would do the trick. Seems a lot easier than crawling around picking up acorns.

In the meantime, I’m editing Mowercam 2.0, a video of me mowing the lawn with our John Deere LA125 lawn tractor. Jackson, the little kid next door, is apeshit over our lawn tractor and was entranced by the first mowercam video that I uploaded to YouTube. I’ll burn the new video to a DVD so he can pester his parents to play it 24/7.

No comments: