Monday, June 21, 2010

Meet Al, Al Paca

alpaca

I picked the hottest day of the year – so far – to take a photo assignment shooting alpacas.

They were nice alpacas, as alpacas go. Semi-friendly, but not particularly cooperative when it came to standing still in the right place. And the lady who owns them and spins their wool was a pleasure to meet.

But I must have sweat a quart and I’m sure I smell like a goat now that I’m cooling off with a mocha frappe at Books-A-Million.

My black Honda del Sol spent the hottest part of the day baking in the sun in the newspaper parking lot and it was extremely painful to grip the steering wheel and work the gearshift for the first 5 minutes or so until the A/C started to cool the interior.

Now I’m going to finish my drink, drive home and take a cool shower.

No comments: