Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Lunch and a surprise

We had lunch today at Cregeen’s (pronounced KREE-gen’s) Irish Pub, downtown Jonesboro’s newest bar and restaurant. cregeens

As usual, the food was great. They have the best Reuben sandwich in town and it’s a welcome relief from the usual Arkansas fried brown food. They also have a great assortment of beer and ale that will require much further research on my part. Cregeen’s has a nice ambiance for a fake Irish Pub with an Arkansas accent.

This is the second Cregeen’s, the first being in North Little Rock. I have to admire their spirit of adventure and imagination to venture into a dry county to expand the business. As per local regulations, it’s a “club” and you have to show I.D. before you’re seated. Craighead County isn’t really wet yet, it’s just damp.

I have to admit that I was a little startled when I found a beer glass containing a yellowish liquid perched on the urinal in the men’s room. Was it beer or something else? I wasn’t going to touch it.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

No comments: