Thursday, November 12, 2009

Fine dining

bk receipt

It was lunchtime. I was feeling cheap, but didn’t want to reheat last night’s chicken pot pie at home.

So I decided to find something fast on my way into town to get a prescription filled.

I’ve never cared much for Burger King, but I decided to try the new one just east of Hilltop.

Scanning the menu, I quickly concluded that I wasn’t going to get out of there for less than $4 and probably a bit more. Until I noticed the $1 double cheeseburger. Huh? Everything else on the menu was at least $3 and change. Was it a mistake?

I ordered a double cheeseburger and a cup for water and the bill came to a paltry $1.08. And, my burger was ready ahead of several people who had ordered before me. Damn! This is almost like free food. Almost.

My second stroke of luck came when I strolled into Hastings and found my regular table (by the electrical outlet) vacant, even though there were already three guys working with laptops in the big leatheresque easy chairs. Another guy has since fired up his laptop, so now there are five of us using the Hastings free Wifi.

No comments: