Saturday, January 03, 2009

Trying not to have too much fun

I see on the Weather Channel web site that it's 41 degrees, with a wind chill of 33 up in miserable cold Indiana.

But it's 71 with an occasional peek of sunshine here in northeast Arkansas, so I took Maria's K75S out for a 33-mile spin this afternoon. It hasn't been ridden for a couple of months and I figured it was time to blow out the cobwebs.

I dropped a couple of rental DVDs into the mailbox at the Post Office, then rode down to Advance auto parts to buy some fuel stabilizer.

"Getting ready to put your bike up?" asked the clerk.

"Nope, this is for my lawn mower. I hope I don't have to run it for another four months."

Then is was down to the Kum & Go for a tank of gas - the first fill-up for the K75S since Sept. 23 - and a run up the backbone of Crowley's Ridge, then home.

I was tempted to keep going, but I don't want to have too much fun. It might make me gloat about the mild winters here.

No comments: