Thursday, January 01, 2009

Biting the tire

beer-tire-character Indianapolis BMW Club friend John Rode showed up at the club's Colorado Chalet week at Chateau Balough in Alma, Colo. last summer with a bunch of baseball caps he'd picked up cheap on a tour of the Flying Dog Brewery in Denver.

He gave one to me and I've been wearing it a lot lately.

We were over at Mr. D's liquor store this afternoon and I decided it was high time I sampled a Flying Dog product, so I bought a six-pack of Tire Bite Golden Ale.

My beer vocabulary is pretty weak, so I'll just say I agree with the Flying Dog website's description:

"Tire Bite Golden Ale is a refreshing, light, warm weather slammer with a flavorful hop edge. Brewed using exclusive imported German hops, this beer draws craft beer drinkers back from the 'dark' side of the cooler."

I like it. I like the Ralph Steadman graphics, too.

No comments: