Thursday, January 08, 2009

Must be Fix-It Day

Gary from Sears just called to say he'll be here in about an hour to fix our microwave oven and to confirm that our parts had arrived.

"Parts? I thought you were getting them."

"No, they were supposed to ship the parts to you."

"Hold on. I'll check the front porch."

Sure enough, there was a UPS box just outside the front door with a shipping label listing the three parts he needs.

This came about 10 minutes after I got a call from our renter reporting water was flowing out from under the dishwasher.

I told him where the dishwasher water line shutoff could be found under the kitchen sink and told him to call the 800 number for the home warrant insurance we bought.

It's about 12 degrees there and I suspect a valve in the dishwasher froze and broke, then started to leak when the line began to thaw.

Anyway, it's presumably being handled, so I can enjoy my comparatively warm and sunny day in the Mid-South.

No comments: