Sunday, January 11, 2009

A milestone

I added Blog Counter to this blog back on Oct. 10, 2007, because I wondered how many hits I was getting on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.

It was down for the better part of November and December, 2007, so the regular counting started in January, 2008 - a year ago.

The total hits topped 10,000 about 10:30 a.m. (CST) today.

That's hardly huge - only about 24 hits a day - but considering that this is hardly a high profile blog, I'm gratified by such a milestone.

I added ads from Google AdSense last January in a modest effort to monetize my blogging habit. I made my first $100 from visitors clicking those little ads in October of last year. Again, no big thing, but it's better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

If you're reading this, you're adding to the count. If you click on an ad or two, you're putting some pennies into my tin cup.

Thanks to my regular readers for your interest and support. I hope you keep finding something of interest here because I don't think I'm out of stuff to write about yet.

No comments: