Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Under Pressure

I'm pressure washing the house this morning.
This is my first experience with a pressure washer, so I'm proceeding gingerly. I put the softest nozzle on, lest I damage the vinyl siding.
It does a pretty spectacular job with its 3,500 psi blasts of water, pressureblowing away the green moldy crud growing on the north side of our house.
It also does a credible job of stripping away loose paint on porch railings I hope to get painted in the next few weeks. I did notice, however, that it also can splinter the surface of bare wood if I get the nozzle too close.
This would be a very cool thing to own, but the $1,300 pricetag makes a $64/day rental much more attractive.
I took a break about 10:15 a.m. for a cup of coffee to find the phone ringing. It was Maria, asking me to call the bank in Jonesboro and straighten out an misunderstanding about the purchase price of our new home and exactly that our down payment will be.
I've got that sorted out so now it's back to playing with the pressure washer. Gotta figure out how to get up on a ladder without having it sink into the soft wet ground and without the recoil of the pressure washer knocking me off my perch.

No comments: