Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Sweating in the cool October air

Looks like it's over. The hot weather, that is.

Indianapolis had a record 91 degrees on Monday, followed by a slightly cooler day yesterday and now today is overcast and cool. It's 2 p.m. and my porch thermometer reads 50 (that's 14 to you up in Canada, Lovisa).

We had an uncommonly long stretch of gorgeous crystalline warm October days over the last couple of weeks that seemed like a gift. Unfortunately, I've been so busy that I only noticed them in passing - no chance to get out on a motorcycle, since both of our bikes are in Arkansas.

I've been boxing and hauling books down from the attic today, thumping down the stairs with 100-pound loads on the big hand truck I bought the other day. After unloading about a dozen such boxes into one of our shipping vaults, I am having second thoughts about wanting to take the entire freaking library to Arkansas.

I'm going to be a bit more judicious about what goes into the next bunch of boxes. After all, Maria's parents enjoy trading in used books...

Well, back to the attic.

No comments: