Sunday, May 08, 2016

The GT is fixed and back at home!


Here's Grass Roots BMW Motorcycles service writer Brian Thompson filling in the blanks for a 6k service in my K1200GT maintenance manual yesterday.

I have nothing but praise for the guys at Grass Roots who figured out a work-around for the lack of a fully functional starter relay for my bike.

Maria and I drove up to Cape Girardeau yesterday morning and retrieved my GT, serviced and ready for a new riding season.

We stopped for lunch at Lamberts Cafe in Sikeston, Mo. We arrived minutes before noon on a Saturday. I can only suppose there is an even bigger noon-day crowd there today on Mother's Day, but we waited an hour to be seated. It was worth the wait for the throwed rolls, monster ice teas, pass-arounds and menu items.

No comments: