Wednesday, October 21, 2015

O, frabjous day! Calloo! Callay!

santa feEinstein Bros. Bagels is high on the list of things I miss about Indiana and I try to visit one of their places whenever I’m back in the Hoosier state.

I was resigned to the idea that I’d probably never see an Einstein Bros. Bagels in Jonesboro.

Until Monday when I saw a Facebook post referencing an Einstein Bros. Bagels in the new Humanities and Social Sciences atrium on the Arkansas State University campus.

I drove down to ASU yesterday morning, grabbed what turned out to be an illegal parking spot (luckily, I didn’t get ticketed) right in front of the building and found an abbreviated version of Einstein Bros. right where I expected it would be.

It’s not a full-blown franchise – they don’t sell mugs and other paraphernalia – but they have the essentials of bagels, coffee and breakfast sandwiches.

My favorite – the Santa Fe breakfast sandwich – has mutated into a wrap, but the girl taking my order said they would be happy to make it with an Asiago bagel instead of a wrap.

So one more Yankee amenity has come to northeast Arkansas. There’s a CVS drugstore on the way and now I’m hoping for a Dunkin’ Donuts.

No comments: