Monday, October 19, 2015

No more international sales on Ebay

maria iphone 01

I sold Maria’s old iPhone 5 on Ebay last week.

At least I thought I did.

The high bidder was a guy in Germany who says his name is Dawit Balajan. After a couple of days of non-payment, I sent him a query and he responded with a cryptic, “Ond.”

WTF?

I replied that I don’t understand what he’s trying to tell me. No response.

I suspected there would be problems when I noticed he had zero feedback in his Ebay profile. The name doesn’t sound German to me and I wonder if he might be among the hordes of “refugees” currently destroying the German national identity.

So I sent him another message this morning, noting that it has now been five days since the auction closed and I have not received an intelligible reply from him. I told him he has until midnight tonight Greenwich Mean Time to pay, otherwise I’ll cancel the sale and re-list the phone.

And this time I will specify no international sales.

No comments: