Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Cinnamon and Honey? Seems to work.

Prep-Cinnamon-and-honey1

I noticed a Facebook posting the other day about the efficacy of cinnamon and honey for a host of ailments, including indigestion. (http://p2t2solutions.com/cinnamon-honey-18-home-remedies-for-better-health/)

So I checked the pantry and confirmed we have a large container of powdered cinnamon, then bought a 5 pound jar of Sue Bee Honey at Sam’s Club.

I’ve been mixing about a teaspoon of cinnamon and a tablespoon of honey in warm milk and drinking it first thing in the morning and last thing at night.

The first change I’ve noticed is that I no longer wake up in the middle of the night with indigestion which I blamed on diabetic gastro paresis (look it up). My stomach feels surprisingly settled and I’ve slept soundly the last few nights.

I was getting over a cold when I started the cinnamon and honey regimen and it went away quicker than expected.

This is all anecdotal, non-scientific stuff, I realize, but I’m going to continue consuming honey and cinnamon for the foreseeable future.

No comments: