Monday, June 30, 2014

Monday stuff

panerabifocal

Given my blogpost from a few days ago, it should come as no surprise to anyone that I pulled the trigger on a two-pack of bifocal sunglasses at Sam’s Club. Only $19.88 for two pairs of bifocal sunglasses was just too good of a deal to pass up, even if they turned out to be junk.

And they’re not. The frames are sturdy and sufficiently flexible to slip onto my head after I’ve donned a full-face motorcycle helmet.

They don’t provide as much wind protection as my Wiley-X Jake sunglasses, but they do a reasonable job. And I like them because the lenses are free from scratches, unlike the Jakes.

Fusion Media has failed me again. We lost our Internet and phone service about 9:30 p.m. yesterday. I had to wait until they opened their office at 8 a.m. today to report the outage. It seems the rest of our neighborhood still has service, so they have to send someone out to troubleshoot my problem. And they probably can’t get to us until tomorrow (Tuesday) morning.

Consequently, I’ve come in to town for lunch at Five Guys Burgers and Fries and coffee and Wifi across the street at Panera.

No comments: