Monday, January 13, 2014

Paying attention

watch02

Returning from the post office this morning, I noticed someone has posted a Neighborhood Watch sign at the entrance to our small subdivision.

watch04Nobody has ever contacted me about being part of an organized program of neighborhood crime vigilance and I doubt if any such formal watch structure exists here.

Nevertheless, I and several of our neighbors, pay close attention to comings and goings along our dead-end road just off a major U.S. highway.

At least two of us are retired guys who are here most of the time. I scrutinize every vehicle that comes into our cul-de-sac and I know our friend Tony makes the most of his wider field of view of the main street.

And I’m pretty sure that every house has firearms and the will to use them on home invaders.

No comments: