Friday, November 22, 2013

Leinenkugel’s Snowdrift Vanilla Porter is back!

leinenkugelsnowdriftvanillaporterI discovered Leinenkugel’s winter beer – Snowdrift Vanilla Porter – about this time last year when we were in Indiana.

Being a seasonal brew, it was only available through January. I checked the Leinenkugel web site this week and noticed they are only making it in November and December, so I needed to move quickly if I wanted to enjoy it again this year.

I’ve been checking at the Party Store up on the county line, but all they have is Leinenkugel’s Oktoberfest and Orange Shandy. They don’t stock Snowdrift Vanilla Porter at the Hilltop or Holiday liquor stores in Paragould, so I phoned Mr. T’s Riverside, just across the St. Francis river in Cardwell, Mo.

Paydirt!

They had plenty, so I hauled ass over to Mr. T’s this afternoon and bought a case.

Most of the online beer snobs aren’t impressed with it, but I think it’s the mellowest, smoothest porter I’ve had.

So there.

No comments: