Monday, November 25, 2013

Kerstan fells a tree, buys a car

0ktree72

My brother-in-law Kerstan drove down from Indiana yesterday with son Isaac and daughter Sarah to buy my 1994 Honda del Sol.

Since Kerstan has had a tree service for several years, I asked for pointers in cutting down a dead tree along our driveway. The next thing I knew, he was firing up my 16” Poulan chainsaw and making quick work of the aforementioned tree.

delsold02I’m a little sad to see the del Sol go, but it gave me more than 225,000 miles of fun and is going to a very good home.

delsold01

And, he paid cash which is a welcome addition to our household economy. It will also be nice to have one more space available in the driveway.

Kerstan is excited about getting to drive the little hardtop convertible next spring, or maybe sooner if the weather allows. Whoever ends up with it in his family will have some serious fun.

I mentioned to him that although the Sirius XM radio is not activated at present, Sirius XM is running a promotion – temporarily activating all unactivated radios for free through Dec. 2.

No comments: