Monday, July 15, 2013

Still not goin’ nowhere…

If I had my druthers, I’d be somewhere in Utah right now, sipping on water from my CamelBak and looking forward to a good dinner and a pleasant night’s sleep in Twin Falls, Idaho.

I would have already called in my reservation to the newly renovated Motel 6 and dinner would be a block up the street at Jaker’s Bar & Grill. I’ve been there a couple of times before and know a good thing when I see it.

It’s about 700 miles from Chateau Balough in Alma, Colo. – a full day’s ride, but all of it on the superslab with little to do but twist the throttle, listen to XM-Sirius satellite radio, pay attention to the traffic around me and wait for Twin Falls to show up.

Tomorrow’s ride would take me 574 miles across the high desert of central Oregon to the BMW MOA national rally in Salem and a rendezvous with dozens of my BMW riding friends from Indiana and here.

Instead, I’m hunkered down at home trying to figure out ways to avoid spending money until we can get a new revenue stream going. Today’s project is switching our home phone over from our cable/internet provider to MagicJack. I’d prefer to dump the land line altogether, since we use our iPhones for almost everything, but MagicJack is cheap – way cheaper than the $30 a month we pay now.

No comments: