Friday, February 22, 2013

Friday morning stuff

You know I’m short on topics when I blog about the weather, but we did dodge a major ice bullet yesterday.

The folks in northwest Arkansas weren’t so lucky. They had to deal with widespread power outages, while the lights stayed on at our house.

There was still some ice on the trees when we got up this morning, but it was melting so fast that it sounded like rain.

Now, at 11:30 a.m., the sun is out, the ice is gone and it’s 40 degrees.

And the other good news is that I just filed my final story for the big Outlook project and can now turn my attention to figuring our taxes.

I see the National Weather Service has just named Winter Storm Rocky, which is churning ashore in the Pacific Northwest. Rocky is expected to reach us on Monday, but the forecast models indicate it will just be a rain event for us.

Now, I’m going to defrost an Alaskan salmon fillet and cook it for lunch.

Yum!

No comments: