Friday, December 07, 2012

Home and playing with images

surfboy72

We left Orlando about 7:30 a.m. EST and arrived at home about 10:45 p.m. CST. It was a long-ass day in the Lexus, but we got it done and saved the expense of a motel a few hours from home.

And now I can play with the images we shot. I got very lucky with the golden light of late afternoon Wednesday at Flagler Beach where a bunch of boys were surfing right next to the Flagler Pier.

I was using a Nikon D200 with a Nikkor 80-200 mm f/2.8 lens. I had the camera set for ISO 200 and aperture priority with the lens wide open, which yielded shutter speeds in the 1/1000 and 1/2000 range. The result was magic – the best surfing shots I’ve ever done.

surftriumph72

And since I shot everything in camera RAW format, I can use my HDR software to create images like this.

No comments: