Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Checking EPCOT off of the to-do list

usatepcot

We got to EPCOT shortly after the gates opened at 9 a.m. and went immediately to the premiere ride, Soarin’, which simulates a hang glider flight over the most scenic parts of California. The wait for the ride on some days can be 5 hours. Five freaking hours for a 4 minute 30 second ride. It was fun, but hardly worth five hours in line. I’m glad we were able to do it with only 25 minutes in line.

This was my third visit to EPCOT. I was here with my kids the first Christmas it was open (1982) and again in 1994. I wanted Maria to see it, so we went today. I don’t need to see it again.

We walked all over the place and finally staggered back to the car in the parking lot about 2:30 p.m.

Dinner was fabulous leftovers from last night’s visit to Buca di Beppo.

No comments: