Monday, October 10, 2011

Simichrome removes headlight lens haze!!!

simichrome

The lenses on my MotoLights have gone hazy, like the headlight lenses in those commercials for the stuff that removes haze on car headlights you see advertised on TV.

I didn’t want to pay for the TV stuff just to clean two little 2” diameter lenses, since the lenses on all of our other automotive lights are clear.

So I mentioned my dilemma to Indianapolis BMW Club friend Dom LoDuca at the Falling Leaf rally over the weekend and he said Simichrome does the trick.

I’ve had one or more tubes of the fabulous German polish ever since I bought my first BMW motorcycle 30 years ago, so I grabbed a tube, a soft cloth and my creeper seat and went to work on my MotoLights this morning.

Damned if it didn’t work. Beautifully.

Thanks, Dom.

No comments: