Thursday, July 08, 2010

Stuff

It’s 93 with a heat index of 99 as I look forward to riding up to Cape Girardeau again tomorrow.

The good news is tomorrow’s forecast high is only 82 degrees. The bad news is there’s an 80 percent chance of thunderstorms.

I guess it’ll be a good warmup for Sunday’s ride to Omaha. It’s supposed to hit 92 here Sunday, but I’ll be hundreds of miles north by the time that happens and the high in Omaha will be 82 with a 40 percent chance of showers.

It’s a pretty safe bet that I’m going to have some rainsuit time tomorrow and/or Sunday.

I’ve decided I need sunglasses that are bifocals with reading magnification on the bottom. I’m tired of squinting to read my GPS.

Walmart has them for sale online, but they don’t stock ‘em in stores. I’m going to check out the Walgreens and Super D drugstores and maybe the Sunglass Hut at the mall, but I suspect I’m searching for something that doesn’t exist in Jonesboro, Ark. I’d order a pair online, but I don’t have time to hang around and wait for them. Maybe I’ll get impossibly lucky and find something like that at the BMW MOA rally. I’ll bet a vendor could sell a truckload of them at a MOA rally, since almost all of us have to have reading glasses to function.

2 comments:

Jim in Indiana said...

Check your local farm store, you may find them with the safety glasses.

The Oracle said...

Hey! Great suggestion! I'll check out my local Tractor Supply.