Monday, July 19, 2010

Getting enlightened

bmw tigard lounge
I’m in the customer lounge area of BMW Motorcycles of Western Oregon in Tigard while the service department replaces both of my headlight bulbs with kick-ass PIAA bulbs. Whereas the normal low beam bulb is 35 watts and the normal high beam is 55 watts, these are twice as powerful while drawing the same or less current.
I really just needed the low beam bulb replaced, but the PIAAs have a warranty and the security of knowing I have two brand new bulbs that will last a long time is worth the $100 or so.
This is the most deluxe customer lounge I’ve seen in any motorcycle or car dealership. Big screen TV, free Wifi and a pool table. How cool is that?
Sean and Ruth took me out to dinner at an eclectic restaurant that features Northwest food and an inscrutable menu. I put together a dinner of blue cheese salad wedge and meat pie with a couple of beers and considered myself extremely well fed.
It was great to be back under a roof with a real bed for a change and I slept well and long.

No comments: