Monday, July 12, 2010

It got better

cheyenne rodeway

We’re settled into our room at the Cheyenne, Wyo. Rodeway Inn after about a 500-mile day.

Nothing heroic, but we did ride the first 150 miles in the rain this morning.

My boots were still saturated this morning, so my feet spent the day in a steamy marinade and were seriously pruned up when I pulled off boots and socks this evening. I have the boots lying on a footstool with the air conditioning blowing into them and hope my socks can stay dry tomorrow.

My GPS/XM radio is still on the fritz, so I spent the day listening to my iPod instead.

I think we’re going to ride to Ogden, Utah and up to Twin Falls tomorrow. It’s about 620 miles, but if it doesn’t rain it shouldn’t be an unpleasant ride. The temperature is supposed to get down to 56 overnight so I don’t plan to leave early.

No comments: