Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Waking up with the iPod Touch

iPod_Touch

Here’s an unexpected use for my Wifi enabled iPod Touch – a first-thing-in-the-morning information source.

I didn’t realize other people were doing it too until I read a blogger writing about how she keeps her iPhone at her bedside to check on the world before she gets out of bed.

That’s what I’ve been doing for the last month or so. I use the Weather Channel app to get the current conditions, forecast and peruse the weather radar, then I check my email and next I hit the New York Times and USA Today apps to see what the lamestream media thinks is important. I find it’s a lot less intrusive than flipping on the TV, especially when I wake up before Maria, which is most of the time because we geezers always wake up early.

No comments: