Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Macro photos

dandelio02

I shot a few photos yesterday for my lesson on macro photography last night. Mostly I used my 90mm Tamron macro lens, but I also did a few frames with my 50mm f/1.4 lens mounted on extension tubes for extreme magnification.

Here’s what my students saw last night.

$10 bill

Alexander Hamilton on a $10 bill.

 

penny

Did you know that you can see the statue of Abraham Lincoln inside the Lincoln Memorial on the back of a penny?

screen01

Water drops form tiny lenses in a window screen.

chainsaw

My chainsaw needs sharpening.

dogwood

A blossom on the dogwood tree we planted over the weekend.

Raindrops on peony buds.

A peony I shot on film several years ago.

dandelion01

Another look at that dandelion.

4 comments:

Retired in Alma said...

Awesome!

The Oracle said...

Thanks!

Steve said...

Nice shots! I also like the splashy new background as well!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.