Wednesday, June 17, 2009

It’s starting again…

weather-forecast

I was going to mow the lawn today.

The grass is still relatively short, but there are foot-high weeds all over the place.

I shuffled through the grass coming back from getting the newspaper out of the tube at the end of the driveway this morning and noted my shoes were wet with dew. I decided to let the dew dry before attacking the lawn with the mower.

The next thing I knew, the stifling heat was upon us. As I write this in late afternoon, the temperature is still 95 and the heat index is 106, down a degree from an hour ago.

Even with the luxury of a riding mower, I’m not remotely interested in sweating a couple of gallons just to have a tidy lawn. I noticed my neighbors are exercising good judgment in that regard as well.

Maybe tomorrow…