Saturday, April 12, 2008

Looking for deductions


I'm hunkered down with TaxCut this weekend, working through the complexities of our Federal, Indiana and Arkansas income tax returns.
It's one of those situations where I can't just blaze straight through because the software keeps asking questions that require going to Quicken for research.
I know I could just import all of the pertinent Quicken data, but I want to go through it item by item to make sure there are no mistakes that might trigger an audit. I've been through an audit and I don't want another.
It's gonna be a long weekend.

+++++++++++++++++
The weekend just got shorter and brighter!
I'm finished with the Federal, Indiana and Arkansas income tax computations and TaxCut says we're getting refunds from all three taxing entities. Amazing. I was sure we were going to have to write some big checks.