Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Getting a grip


Somehow, I've become a Sprint Premier Customer.
At least that's what the Sprint mailing that came this week tells me. It touts modest offers, like early credit for a new phone and an opportunity to spend more money sooner.
But the niftiest thing about it was the set of grippy little stickers they included to put on the back of our cell phones.
Sprint has partnered with trackitback.com to give Premier Customers like us the stickers that offer a reward to whoever finds our lost phones in exchange for their return. That's a nice feature. Personally, I've never lost a cell phone. Maria's gets misplaced every once in awhile and eventually turns up. Her daughter's phone was stolen when she left it unattended at the library, so it wouldn't have helped in that case.
But the coolest thing about it is its grippiness. It's a product created by egrips technology and is the perfect thing for expensive items like cell phones, smartphones, MP3 players, PDAs, gaming devices and cameras that can get hurt if they slip and fall.
I took their dare and sat my Treo 700p smartphone on the dashboard of my Honda del Sol and drove the 8+ miles into town and back, taking curves and corners just has sharply as if I had an empty dashboard. It never budged. I was amazed.
(Hey, Steve! They make a crystal clear set of egrips appliques for the iPhone.)