Thursday, April 17, 2008

Got gas?

I can't drive past a gas station these days without checking the posted prices.
Maybe that's odd. Maria says she never looks.
Anyhow, I've started sharing the information with my fellow Arkansans (feels really weird to call myself that) by posting my observations on arkansasgasprices.com, a web site that lists the 15 stations in the state with the cheapest gasoline and the 15 that are charging the most.
I was on indianagasprices.com when I was in Indiana and was pleased to note that the Admiral station in Crawfordsville was on the low-price honor roll on a consistent basis.
The numbers in Jonesboro are decent, but not exceptionally good. That said, the $3.25/gallon price I noticed at a Conoco station here compares pretty well with the $3.33 being charged today by the MotoMart in Evansville, which happens to be the cheapest reported gas in Indiana.
I've noticed that Jonesboro gas prices are consistently lower that those in the Thorntown-Crawfordsville-Lebanon area. The average price of a gallon of regular today is $3.343 in Arkansas and $3.469 in Indiana.

3 comments:

The Untamed Palate said...

$3.39 to $3.45 in Bloomington, IN.$3.39 being Wal-Mart watered-down gas and $3.45 being Shell, BP, Marathon and Chavez Oil Cartel (Citgo).

Anonymous said...

Question: Does cheaper watered down gas burn faster. I'm just wondering if the "good" gas burns longer so its more cost effective.
Gas here is up to $4.69.

Anonymous said...

Just a note about my above post. We saw the $4.69 at one gas station only, on a freeway that has a long stretch between stations. It was for Supreme. The regular price is hovering around $3.59 to $3.99 But we saw it yesterday at $3.39 for regular!!! And thank you very much, now I find myself looking for gas prices everywhere we go too!