Monday, September 24, 2007

One number that rings all your phones

I just signed up as a beta tester for GrandCentral, an innovative signage_logophone system that sends incoming calls to all of your phones.

Here's their description:

What is GrandCentral?

Get all the same calls, but in a whole new way.

GrandCentral doesn't replace your phones; we just link them together and help them do more. How do we do that? We give people One Number...for LifeTM - a number that's not tied to a phone or a location - but tied to you.

With GrandCentral, you can be reached with a single number, answer a call at any phone you want, seamlessly switch phones in the middle of a call, and even know whether a call is important before you take it.

What else can I do with GrandCentral?

We're not your typical phone company. And these aren't your typical features.
  • Check your messages by phone, email, or online
  • Keep all your messages online for eternity
  • Record and store your phone calls (just like voicemail)
  • Quickly (and secretly) block an annoying caller
  • Click-to-dial from your address book
  • Surprise your callers with a custom voicemail greeting
  • Forward, download, and add notes to your messages

I heard about GrandCentral on a Leo Laporte podcast a month or two ago and requested an invitation. It came this weekend and I finally took the time this afternoon to activate my free account, using a Jonesboro, Ark., number, since that's where I expect to be soon and it might as well be a local call for folks there.

You can sign up for an invitation here.

Sign-ups get to forward invitations to 10 other people and I've sent them to my sons, their wives and a handful of friend who I think might find it useful.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I'm on the reservation list for GrandCentral but haven't heard from them yet. Can you send me an invitation (if you have any left) or have one of your prior invitees send me an invitation? Thanks! My email address is brian at brianbaute dot com.