Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Getting Croced


My wife has been wearing Crocs for more than a year and swears by them. She had a lavender pair she wore out and more recently a red pair with the Bernina sewing machine logo.
I've never thought clogs were for me. It looked like it would be too easy to walk right out of something that didn't have a proper back on it. Besides, it looked like a chick shoe to me.
But they've been growing on me. I discovered they originated in Colorado as an all-purpose shoe for whitewater rafters, which gives them credentials as outdoor gear. And they recently introduced some styles that have a more masculine look.
So I took the plunge this evening at the Sportsman's Warehouse in Lafayette, Ind.
The black-and-red Off Road model was the most appealing to me, so I whipped out the plastic and bought a pair.
I've been wearing them around the house for a couple of hours and have to admit they're pretty comfortable for a pair of plastic Chinese-made clogs.

No comments: