Sunday, September 16, 2007

Flying solo

I find myself living alone for the first time in more than six years and I have to admit it feels odd.

Maria got to Jonesboro early last evening, called to give me her landline phone number and got her computer set up and connected to the DSL line, so there was an e-mail waiting for me when the dogs barked me awake this morning.

I called Maria from the hot tub this morning and had the phone on speakerphone. Pete recognized her voice because he kept popping his head up over the edge of the tub and looking around for Maria.

I spent a couple of hours this morning painting woodwork in the kitchen and will do another hour or so before I head off to the newspaper later this afternoon. The painting is going slowly, but I think I can get it done in another day or so.

1 comment:

High Cotton Quilter said...

I'm lonely enough that I'm watching Anchorman for about the 10th time and eating chips and salso left over from a Mexican restaurant last night.
We must find a house for us and our dogs.
ILY
Maria