Saturday, February 20, 2010

Feels like spring today

It’s 58 springlike degrees under a partly sunny sky here in northeast Arkansas. It’s actually 1 degree warmer here than it is in Las Vegas at the moment. And 18 glorious degrees warmer than it is in Crawfordsville, Ind.

It’s tempting to declare winter to be over, but I know better. I postponed my departure for Daytona last Feb. 28 when we got the last snowstorm of the winter.feb2809snow

And I was up to my eyeballs in ice storm debris at this time last year and paid a tree crew from Illinois to do some serious chainsawing a year ago today.

We’re nowhere near out of firewood from that storm and I’ll probably spend some time this weekend collecting and burning the most recent deadfall – branches broken in the January, 2009 ice storm that only recently hit the ground.

For the moment, though, I’m hanging out at Barnes & Noble, blogging, surfing and listening to my iPod.

No comments: