Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Never a dull moment


We arranged to take Morgan's boyfriend's son to the movies around noon yesterday.

But as we prepared to leave, Maria discovered her wallet was missing. This set off a frenzy of fruitless searching that ended up with me calling the bank debit card center and shutting off her checking account debit card and business account debit card. All of this took us past the start time for the first showings of the movies in question - The Revenant for Maria and the boy and Star Wars for me.

Finally, Maria was able to reconstruct her to-ings and fro-ings and guessed she took her wallet out of her purse while searching for a key in Morgan's garage. We stopped at Morgan's house on the way to the theater and, voila, there was the wallet. Maria loved The Revenant. I enjoyed Star Wars but found it predictable with only one real semi-surprise, which I will not reveal here.

This drama made it necessary for me to go to the bank the first thing this morning and get new debit cards issued.

Now I can sit back and watch the predicted winterish storm this evening, which may or may not paralyze us with freezing rain.

No comments: