Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Magazine loading made easy


Meet the MagLula Uplula, a loading device for semiautomatic handgun magazines. It's made in Israel and I first saw it in YouTube videos by Hickock45, a Murfreesboro, Tenn., firearms expert.

This particular model works with calibers from 9mm up to .45, which includes .38.

I bought one a couple of weeks ago to help with loading the magazines for my Smith & Wesson M&P9 Shield because the magazine springs were insanely tight and made for slow and painful loading. Loading with the Uplula is easy, fast and painless and it will be my constant companion at the range from now on.

I tried it with my WWII Luger, but the rounded bottom of the Luger magazines makes it awkward. Happily, the Luger loading tool, which attaches to the exterior spring compressor, is still the best way to load Luger magazines.

I got my Uplula for about $35 from Midway USA. They come in other calibers too.

No comments: