Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Eye and tooth issues

A tiny fiber, too small to be cotton and almost certainly synthetic, attacked my left eye yesterday morning as I sat at my desk.

I ran downstairs to the bathroom, washed my hands and removed my left contact lens, which is when I found the fiber.

I flushed the lens with saline and put it back in, but it was clear that my eye was irritated.

I woke up about 4 a.m. with a dull ache in the outside corner of my left eye, a sure sign of infection. I had a round of pinkeye a few weeks ago and still had plenty of antibiotic eye drops left, so I started on the every six hours routine.

As luck would have it, I had an 8 a.m. dental appointment for a filling.

Now I’m sitting at Panera with coffee and a cherry Danish (they were out of my usual cheese Danish) trying not to drool with my thoroughly numbed lips.

And just for the record, I dumped 4 inches of rain from the gauge this morning. That makes a total of 8.5 inches of rain since a daily sequence of storms began Sunday.

No comments: