Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Tuesday report

tucker and dora under round table

It’s 94º with a heat index of 104º so I brought the dogs inside to chill out in their kennels.

I persuaded Jack to kennel up and work on his bowl of IAMS, but Tucker and Dora had other ideas.

They led me on a merry chase all over the house until they decided I couldn’t reach them under the round table in the corner of the living room. I tried luring them out with pieces of salami, but they weren’t having any of it.

I finally prevailed by shifting a chair and carrying them to their kennels.

I got up at 2:30 a.m. to drive Morgan to the Memphis airport. Left home at 3:15 sharpenera.m. and rolled into our driveway exactly three hours later. Then I hit the sack for another four hours.

Morgan is in San Francisco this week for three days of touristy stuff followed by a library conference. I’m eager to hear her impressions of the Big Sur Coast.

The Amazon Vine Program sent me a Kitchen Aid Professional Series Diamond Sharpener for kitchen knives and it arrived this morning.

It’s pretty deluxe looking and elegantly packaged. It apparently hasn’t been released for sale yet because it’s not yet available on Amazon.com and I can’t find any reference to it on the Kitchen Aid web site.

Wusthof, a Solingen, Germany cutlery firm, has a similar product that they market for $40.

I gave my Swiss Army knife main blade a few swipes and it seems marginally sharper, but it’s been pretty dull for a long time due to frequent use and infrequent sharpening.

Maria loves Kitchen Aid stuff, so this will likely be a welcome addition to her kitchen.

No comments: