Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Maria’s photos rescued

maria rescue HD

Maria realized last night that she couldn’t find the folder that contained more than 15,000 of her archival images and was very worried the images might be gone forever.

I have a stack of old hard drives EIDE (Enhanced Integrated Drive Electronics) that have been obsolete for several years, along with some newer SATA (Serial Advanced Technology Attachment) drives that either developed problems or were swapped out for larger drives.

I also had the good sense to hang onto a couple of stand-alone EIDE drive mounts.

So I began working my way through the stack of EIDE drives this morning and miraculously hit upon this 2003 800MB Western Digital drive that once lived in Maria’s desktop computer. I fired it up and voila, there was the archive folder. I am now in the process of copying its contents into the Public Pictures folder on Maria’s hard drive.

Another reason why I rarely throw away anything useful.

No comments: