Friday, October 03, 2014

Social irresponsibility in the Sam’s Club parking lot

motorhomes

The drivers of these two motor homes – one dragging an SUV and the other pulling a trailer – apparently thought it was ok to block one of the major parking lot lanes at Sam’s Club this morning.

For the life of me, I cannot comprehend the psychology behind this exercise in wretched excess in travel, especially when I can go three weeks living out of a set of motorcycle saddlebags and a tank bag. And I can stay in deluxe hotels for a year and still spend less than these people do in a month on the road.

The idea of spending close to $400k (the MSRP for a new Dutch Star like the one in the foreground) for a motor home, then having to spend another $450-$500 for every fill-up and endure the hassle of navigating small parking lots while pulling another vehicle strikes me a somewhere between stupid and insane.

No comments: