Friday, March 08, 2013

Friday afternoon

tomsunCharlie’s headlight lost its low beam at the beginning of the trip, so he decided to replace the bulb after breakfast this morning.

Unfortunately, he ran into difficulty owing to the fact that his hands (and ours too) are too big to manipulate the parts in the tiny space where the headlight bulb lives.

There was nothing to do but ride down to BMW Motorcycles of Daytona where the service department installed the bulb and charged him a modest $19 and change.

germanrestaurantBy the time the job was done, we were having lunch thoughts so I led the way to the European Cafe and Schnitzel House on A1A where I had sauerbraten,  Charlie had jagerschnitzel and Tom had meat loaf.

They wanted to go look at biker stuff in Daytona and I fancied a ride up to Flagler Beach, so we split up.

flagpanThe surf was up, but I didn’t see any surfers. I did, however, find a pelican hunkered down in the grass next to a beach access stairway. I couldn’t tell if it was nesting, injured, or ill, but it let me get close enough to shoot a passable iPhone photo.

flagpelicanI hit the ice cream shop for refreshment, then saddled up and rode up to Palm Coast where I bought a cheap canvas chair and an even cheaper throw pillow at Walmart for my camping comfort. I’ll jettison both when I pack to leave next week.

Now I’m back at the campground clubhouse to use Wifi and recharge my iPhone. I’ll send Charlie a text message shortly to see what he wants to do with the rest of the day.

No comments: