Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Terror!

terror helmet My HJC “F15-Terror” helmet arrived via UPS this afternoon.

Under normal circumstances, I would never consider buying a helmet like this, especially since I bought an HJC flip-face helmet for $200 a few months ago.

But this was an exceptional deal from MotorcycleGear.com – a $270 Snell-rated helmet for $50.

$50?

Hell yes!

I can overlook the bizarre styling for a deal like that. Actually, it’s so far from what I would normally buy, I kinda like it.

It comes with a rubber piece to deflect the rider’s breath from the face shield and a fabric air dam under the chin that made the helmet feel overly tight and claustrophobic the first time I put it on. Happily, those features can be easily removed and once they’re gone, it feels fine. I think it’s lighter than my other HJC and a late afternoon jaunt up to Paragould and back made it clear that the ventilation system is superior to the other HJC and probably the best I’ve ever experienced in a helmet.

I showed the ad to Maria after I ordered mine and, having a similar capacity for whimsy, she wanted one too. UPS says it will be delivered tomorrow.

If this is a deal that appeals to you, MotorcycleGear.com still has some left in Small, Large and Extra Large. Just go to their web site and click on “Closeouts” and then “Helmets.”

No comments: