Thursday, March 29, 2007

Step one of the fitness journey

I had my introductory workout and tour of the fitness center this morning and it went pretty much as expected: an interview to assess my general level of fitness and to ferret out any potentially dangerous medical problems, then an introduction to the machines.
They're pretty much the same as the ones I've used at other fitness joints over the years, so there were no surprises and no daunting challenges. The pool and adjoining jacuzzi look inviting. The other clients look like ordinary folks off of the street. No buffed-up bodybuilders or gym princesses in $500 Spandex workout suits. Just a bunch of lumpy midwesterners in t-shirts and sweats trying to work off the triple curse of years of sloth and bad diet choices and their inherited DNA.
Yeah. I think I can do this.

No comments: