Friday, November 18, 2016

WTF?


We've been without a fully functional dishwasher for more than three weeks and spent $353 on repairs that didn't fix it - $148 to put in a new heating element and another $205 for a new circuit board. Today saw the arrival of a third technician who determined that we need a new keypad - the buttons you push to select various features and start the wash cycle. It will be another $180.

That would mean $533 to get the dishwasher working and we still have a 10-year-old dishwasher.

Lowe's is running an early Black Friday sale and will sell us a new, more energy efficient model for $279.

I left word with the appliance repair folks that they have until 5 p.m. to tell me they will waive the charge for a new keypad (since there is now some question about whether I needed to spend $205 for a circuit board) or else they can cancel the keypad order and I'll go to Lowe's.

I didn't mention that I will share this nasty little saga on social media.

No comments: